Thursday, January 8, 2009

Best Foods On EARTH.

It seems that the scads of loyal followers of this blog cannot rest until they know which foods are my favourites, so I've decided to indulge them with the top 5 list.

#5) Chocolate. I know you're thinking, does chocolate really qualify as a food? And the answer is, most definitely. Its sweet goodness can lift your spirits and make you feel like your meal is truly finished, if you eat it as dessert. Sometimes, around Christmas or whenever you have extra chocolate around, it's fun to eat it first thing in the morning, before your taste buds have been contaminated by other lesser foods. Try it!

#4) Cheese. Ok, so goat cheese was on the list of my hated foods, but now I'm referring to just your average everyday brick of cheddar: the perfect snack. Do you know ANYONE who doesn't like cheese? Exactly.

#3) Bread. This includes regular everyday bread, bagels, english muffins, buns, croissants, anything in the general "carbs" category. Bread, paired with cheese, has been my favourite food from childhood. As an adult, I often indulge in the luxury of not eating the crusts.

#2) Pizza. My friend Ryan has always claimed to be "Pizza for Life", and I have to agree that the Pizza for Life philosophy is a wise one. The perfect culmination of flavours, easily attainable, a fun triangular shape - what's not to like? Pizza is the perfect food. Thank the LORD for pizza. I do!
#1) Vereneke (cottage cheese pierogies). This recipe was brought over from the homeland of Russia. It's simply homemade dough stuffed with cottage cheese, made into pierogies, and served with a white sauce. If I could eat these every day, I would die happy. And probably be morbidly obese.

There you have it, folks. Tell me what your favourite foods are. Maybe we'll disagree. But as you may know, I'm right 99% of the time, so you'll probably find that my favourite foods are better than yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment