Saturday, June 20, 2009

Eggs & Toast usually do the trick for Saturday morning.

Well, I'm about halfway through the weekend at this point - it's Saturday afternoon and I'm wondering how I'm going to go out and do those pesky errands without getting pelted with rain. ARRRRGHGHGHGHGHHHH!!!!!!! Rain really gets my goat. It makes my hair frizzy and my apartment humid, and I also get a headache and sneeze a lot.

Last night I was out for dinner at a vegan restaurant. Normally I wouldn't do this, but I'll try anything once. Generally I enjoy meat and think it's an integral part of a dinner out. But I actually really liked the meal and only remembered afterwards that there had been ZERO meat involved. This restaurant was tapas-style which meant you ordered about 3 or 4 things to share between 2 people. We had some chickpea/avocado/other stuff salad, a mushroom phyllo pastry thing, some flax fettuccine, and some asparagus on quinoa. Plus wine, OF COURSE. I'm not going to "go vegan" or anything, but I can survive it now and then.

This aft I'm hoping to hit up "The Proposal" and then head to a friend's bday bash. Keep me posted on your weekend stylings.

2 comments:

  1. i am all about the rodeo today. i watched the afternoon ... stuff ... at the sundre rodeo. it's real. it's alberta. it's steer-wrestling, trick-riding, bucking bronco fun. i plan to blog about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i actually saw "the proposal" this weekend too.

    ReplyDelete