Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Kitchen disasters.

The other day I wanted to make some soup, but should've known that it wouldn't really turn out. Every time I try a new recipe, something goes wrong. I started making the soup, then realized I didn't have about half of the ingredients, so I started substituting other things, and it ended up taking like 2 hours to be finished. I had to eat a pizza pop while I was waiting for the soup. ARRGGGHHHHHHH.

After that I decided to try making a new cookie recipe. When I finally got them into the oven, I was expecting to start smelling the lovely cookie aroma, but instead I smelled burning plastic. Turns out I had a large tupperware container sitting on one of the burners, where tons of steam was escaping from the oven. Picked up the tupperware and discovered the bottom of it had melted onto the burner. Also, the tupperware wasn't empty - it was full of white sugar. So white sugar ended up all over the stove and pretty much the whole kitchen. Just a lovely experience over all. And the cookies were probably the worst cookies I've ever made. Now they're in the freezer just hanging out.

This is my life.

3 comments: