Friday, February 6, 2009

Friday Cara.

Around the office, on Fridays, I'm known as "Friday Cara." Probably not the most creative nickname in the world, but everyone knows that this means I'm more hyper and laugh-y (and probably more annoying) on Fridays. I just get so darn excited for the weekend, folks!

So many people who work here are hilarious, so I have a hard time not laughing a lot. Also, I find that a lot of us are eerily similar in that a large majority of us enjoy reading and writing. If I compare my work friends with my non-work friends, the percentage of those who like reading and writing versus those who don't is absolutely staggering. I guess that's why us "work friends" all picked a job that consists mostly of reading.

Last night my brother came over for supper and I made garlic bread, spaghetti, meat sauce, and ceasar salad. Such a great meal. I generally don't make an actual supper if it's just me at home. I'll just eat whatever happens to be lying around the kitchen. Examples of typical suppers for me include:

- a bowl of cereal
- raw cookie dough
- fried eggs
- rice
- chips and salsa

None of those things should normally constitute a meal in themselves, and yet in my world, that's exactly what they've become. Part of the problem is that I despise leftovers, so if I make real food, there WILL be leftovers. My goal this year should be to learn to like leftovers. It'd make things a whole heck of a lot easier, because then when lunchtime rolls around at work, I could pull out a tupperware container with LEFTOVERS in it, instead of scrounging in my drawers and eating some old crackers and a few almonds.

Enjoy your weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Man, you definitely wouldn't have liked my lunch earlier this week (when you were going around bumming food like a human pigeon). I love leftovers! We'll talk!

    ReplyDelete