Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thoughts on Thursday.

I feel guilty sometimes about the small and stupid things that make me immensely happy. Here's a few examples:
- chocolate
- ridiculous novels by Marian Keyes
- watching MXC, Wipeout, or any show where people are wiping out
- laying on the couch with a glass of wine when I get home from work.
- clean sheets

I choose to believe that this just makes me an easily pleased, very happy person. NOT one who is amused by small things because I have a small mind.

The new Thursday night lineup SUCKS. "Perfect Couples" is the worst show ever on an American network, and 30 Rock isn't on until 10, by which point I'm half-asleep.

I NEED TO START A WORKOUT REGIME!!!!

This weekend I'm having a meeting with a place to possibly rent a chandelier for our wedding. This sounds ridiculous. I'm not a Bridezilla at all, and have been a pretty chill bride-to-be thus far, so don't think I'm some kind of cinderella-esque crazy person who needs a chandelier at her wedding. But because it's being held in a tent outside, lighting needs to be considered. Know what I mean?

Ways I know I'm getting old:
- I enjoy going to bed at 10pm.
- I enjoy eating prunes.
- I say "oh dear" every time I yawn.
- I can't get through the weekend without a nap or two.
- I look at teens on the subway and can't believe I was ever that young and annoying.
- I wear sweatpants a lot. Never in public though.

That's all.

3 comments:

  1. Ways you know you're getting old, in response:
    - I can't get myself to bed before midnight 95% of the time. It makes me so mad at myself, but I just can't do it. I'm always tired.
    - Ew.
    - Ha.
    - I love napping. I don't nap often though -- I'm still more inclined to stay in bed till 10AM on days off.
    - I look at my staff and have similar feelings of disbelief that I was once them. Fortunately, the annoyance is rare.
    - I also wear sweatpants. But I wear mine public. Sundre public, which might not be the same as normal public, but still. But, I've always kind of been a slob.

    ALSO I LIKE THE CHANDELIER IDEA! I don't think being choosy about decor is the same as being a bridezilla. Being crazy about decor. Yelling at people because it's not EXACTLY your vision. That's more in the bridezilla camp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the encouragement that i'm not a bridezilla! and yes, sundre public is WAY WAY different than toronto public. please don't wear sweats in toronto public.

    ReplyDelete