Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sears.

In the last few weeks, I've discovered a place I really enjoy hanging out: the upper levels at Sears. There are so many reasons why this is a great spot to chill. Firstly, almost NO ONE shops at Sears, so it's generally pretty much empty, save for one or two staff members. Secondly, it feels like you're in a complete time warp. The clothes are a mix of trends from days of yore, mother-of-the-bride outfits, prom outfits, and just really tacky items. The music is elevator-style. The furniture is plentiful and worn-in, so you can just basically sit and CHILL. Also, if you feel the inkling to buy anything, everything is always on sale. There's always a giant store-wide clearance going on, so you can for sure get 40% off, if not more. It's just a really comfortable place to hang. You can walk around, try items on if you want, or just sit in an easy chair and wait to see if any people show up. You could probably take a nap and go unnoticed. I think part of the reason I love hanging at Sears is because it reminds me of being a little kid and shopping with my mom. But all nostalgia aside, Sears remains a solid place to relax, use an empty bathroom, relax in a chair, and pretend it's 1989.
My only question is - how do they remain in business???????

No comments:

Post a Comment